Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist Recertification
Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist Recertification Application
Recertification Fee:AHA Inc. Members: $250.00
Non-AHA Inc. Members: $275.00
Update on the Coronavirus Outbreak
As the response to the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, AHCB realizes this has been a busy and stressful time for each of you, personally and professionally. Visit the Professional Testing Corporation website for updates on testing availability.
Due to guidelines regarding COVID-19 and social distancing, all candidates will be required to bring and wear a face mask or face covering while they are in a Prometric test center at all times or their exam will be terminated. Both medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with exhale/one-way valves are prohibited to use at the test center, due to the lack of viral particle filtration provided by these masks. Mask with wearable technology are also prohibited. Any test taker that comes to the test center without a mask or with one of the prohibited masks described above will not be allowed to test, marked as a “no-show” and will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
PTC is committed to keeping candidates safe during their testing experience while also protecting the integrity of the exam. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
If you have any questions regarding the certification application please contact Professional Testing Corporation. Phone: 212.356.0660. www.ptcny.com
Your Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist Certification is valid for five (5) years. Note that the valid dates are printed on your certificate. At the present time, any ONE of the following options is acceptable for recertification:
1. Retake and pass the examination (Read an important update for 2020 testing)
2. Written evidence of 120 hours of continuing education distributed over the five years, with
- 50% (60 hours) in education related to equine subject matter: psychology, training, riding skills, etc.
- 25% (30 hours) in education related to direct service in your professional discipline
- 25% (30 hours) in any other subject related to hippotherapy
3. Written evidence of scholarly activity* appropriate to the field of hippotherapy. Examples include:
- Hippotherapy Faculty in Graduate Education
- Publication or research of scholarly article in Juried Publication
- Scientific research related to hippotherapy
- Teaching/developing workshops
- AHA Approved Workshop Faculty
*Scholarly activity not specifically mentioned will be considered by AHCB upon written request by the individual. The activity must demonstrate strong knowledge and involvement in the field of hippotherapy.
Application for re-certification must be submitted to AHCB and postmarked by the expiration date of your present certification. It is the responsibility of the Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist to apply for recertification in a timely manner.
*Failure to apply for recertification prior to the expiration date on your certificate will necessitate your re-taking the examination.
*Please submit application for recertification and necessary documentation together in one packet.
If you have questions regarding certification renewal, please contact: Jann Goodman email@example.com
If you have any general questions, please contact Carol Huegel firstname.lastname@example.org