Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist Exam
Winter 2022 Testing
Summer 2022 Testing
Application and Fees
|Application Deadline: January 5, 2022 |
First Day of Testing: Saturday, February 5, 2022
Last Day of Testing: Saturday, February 19, 2022
|Application Deadline: July 6, 2022|
First Day of Testing: Saturday, August 6, 2022
Last Day of Testing: Saturday, August 20, 2022
|AHA Inc. Members: $405.00 |
Non-AHA Inc. Members: $505.00
Click to apply online
Update on the Coronavirus Outbreak
As the response to the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, AHCB realizes this has been a busy and stressful time for each of you, personally and professionally. Visit the Professional Testing Corporation website for updates on testing availability.
Due to guidelines regarding COVID-19 and social distancing, all candidates will be required to bring and wear a face mask or face covering while they are in a Prometric test center at all times or their exam will be terminated. Both medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with exhale/one-way valves are prohibited to use at the test center, due to the lack of viral particle filtration provided by these masks. Mask with wearable technology are also prohibited. Any test taker that comes to the test center without a mask or with one of the prohibited masks described above will not be allowed to test, marked as a “no-show” and will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
PTC is committed to keeping candidates safe during their testing experience while also protecting the integrity of the exam. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
If you have any questions regarding the certification application please contact Professional Testing Corporation. Phone: 212.356.0660. www.ptcny.com
What Content is Covered?
The Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist® Certification Examination is a computer-based examination composed of a maximum of 250 multiple-choice, objective questions with a total testing time of four (4) hours. Questions will be in the following areas:
- History / Theory / Research
- Movement Science
- Application of Hippotherapy Principles
- Program Administration
1. Candidates must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- The candidate must be currently licensed or certified to practice as a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech and language pathologist in the US or the equivalent in other countries.
- The candidate must have at least three years of full time or the equivalent (6,000 hours) experience in the practice of physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech and language pathology.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 100 hours of one-on-one direct treatment in clinical practice using hippotherapy within the three years prior to certification application deadline. *Please note that treatment experience that is part of an educational course or mentoring process does not qualify for this requirement.
- The candidate must be experienced and comfortable with horses and have independent, skilled riding ability.
2. Agree to abide by the AHCB Testing Agreement.
3. Completion and filling of an Application for the Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist® Certification Examination.
4. Payment of required fee.
The Certification Examination is administered during an established two-week testing period on a daily basis, Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays, at computer-based testing facilities managed by PSI. PSI has several hundred testing facilities in the United States, as well as Canada. Scheduling is done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To find a testing center near you, visit www.ptcny.com/cbt/sites.htm or call 1-800-733-9267.
Please note: Hours and days of availability vary at different centers. To schedule your examination appointment, you must have received an Eligibility Notice in advance from PTC.
Candidate Handbook and Application
Visit https://ptcny.com/test-sponsors/ahcb/ to obtain the detailed exam content outline in our Candidate Handbook and access the online application.
For more information, Contact:
Professional Testing Corporation
1350 Broadway, Suite 800
New York, NY 10018
If you have questions regarding certification, please contact Jann Goodman, firstname.lastname@example.org.