Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist Exam
Winter 2021 Testing
Summer 2021 Testing
Application and Fees
|Application Deadline: January 6, 2021 |
First Day of Testing: Saturday, February 6, 2021
Last Day of Testing: Saturday, February 20, 2021
|Application Deadline: July 7, 2021|
First Day of Testing: Saturday, August 7, 2021
Last Day of Testing: Saturday, August 21, 2021
|AHA Inc. Members: $405.00 |
Non-AHA Inc. Members: $505.00
Click to download application
Update on the Coronavirus Outbreak
As the response to the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, AHCB realizes this has been a busy and stressful time for each of you, personally and professionally. Visit the Professional Testing Corporation website for updates on testing availability.
If you have any questions regarding the certification application please contact Professional Testing Corporation. Phone: 212.356.0660. www.ptcny.com
If you have questions regarding certification renewal, please contact:
HPCS: Jann Goodman email@example.com
AHCB Certification: Linda Frease firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any general questions, please contact Carol Huegel email@example.com
What Content is Covered?
The Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist® Certification Examination is a computer-based examination composed of a maximum of 250 multiple-choice, objective questions with a total testing time of four (4) hours. Questions will be in the following areas:
- History / Theory / Research
- Movement Science
- Application of Hippotherapy Principles
- Program Administration
1. Candidates must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- The candidate must be currently licensed or certified to practice as a physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech and language pathologist in the US or the equivalent in other countries.
- The candidate must have at least three years of full time or the equivalent (6,000 hours) experience in the practice of physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech and language pathology.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 100 hours of one-on-one direct treatment in clinical practice using hippotherapy within the three years prior to certification application deadline. *Please note that treatment experience that is part of an educational course or mentoring process does not qualify for this requirement.
- The candidate must be experienced and comfortable with horses and have independent, skilled riding ability.
2. Agree to abide by the AHCB Testing Agreement.
3. Completion and filling of an Application for the Hippotherapy Clinical Specialist® Certification Examination.
4. Payment of required fee.
The Certification Examination is administered during an established two-week testing period on a daily basis, Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays, at computer-based testing facilities managed by PSI. PSI has several hundred testing facilities in the United States, as well as Canada. Scheduling is done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To find a testing center near you, visit www.ptcny.com/cbt/sites.htm or call 1-800-733-9267.
Please note: Hours and days of availability vary at different centers. To schedule your examination appointment, you must have received an Eligibility Notice in advance from PTC.
Download a Candidate Handbook and Application
Visit https://ptcny.com/test-sponsors/ahcb/ to obtain the detailed exam content outline in our Candidate Handbook. You can also download an application for mailing.
For more information, Contact:
Professional Testing Corporation
1350 Broadway, Suite 800
New York, NY 10018